Monday 16 April 2007

Krakow .... beer

I stared back, unable to speak. It was after midnight, I had been up since 5 and I'm not good without sleep.

"You have reservation?"

"Yes, here."

"Show me."

I showed her the email from the booking company, it had seemed so legitimate, I knew I'd get caught out one day by an Internet scam. But I was cocky. I'd been using the web for years, practically one of the first. You'd have to be good to catch me out. However pride comes before a fall and now in the middle of a December night I was going to be stranded. Sleeping at the train station beckoned.

"This is for our sister hotel, it's OK it's close".

It turned out it was less than a minute away. Within a few minutes we were checked in, the room was big and clean. It was getting close to 1am, "Should we go out and look for a beer?" I asked.

No comments: